Since it’s $1 billion dollar acquisition by Facebook, Instagram has been the talk of the town. The app allows users to snap a photo and apply visual effects using pre-configured filters. So how did this simple photo app become Zuckerberg’s tech crush? The good folks at KISSmetrics put together a helpful inforgraphic to illustrate Instagram’s meteoric rise.
- 40 Million+ total number of users. Tweet This
- Instagram’s user base grew 1600% between April 2011 and April 2012. Tweet This
- Instgram added 100,000 users in the first week after initial launch. Tweet This
- With Version 2.0 of the app, Instagram added 75 signups per minute. Tweet This
- 1 Billion+ total photos have been uploaded to Instagram. Tweet This
- There are 60 photos uploaded every second. Tweet This
- 1.8 million photos are shared on Twitter in a month. Tweet This
Funding and Acquisition
- Instagram’s Series A funding round was $7 million. Tweet This
- Instagram raised a $50 million of funding before be acquired by Facebook for $1 billion. Tweet This
Do you use Instagram for business or personal use? If so share your best practices in the comments below.